1. Be responsible for the prevention and suppression of all destructive fires on:
2. Be responsible for the enforcement of the Fire Code of the Philippines (RA 9514) and other related laws;
3. Shall have the power to investigate all causes of fires and if necessary, file the proper complaint with the city or provincial prosecutor who has jurisdiction over the case;
4. In the time of national emergency, all elements of the BFP shall upon direction of the President, assist the AFP in meeting the national emergency; and
5. Shall establish at least one (1) fire station with adequate personnel, firefighting facilities and equipment in every provincial capital, city and municipality subject to standard rules and regulations as maybe promulgated by the DILG.